Thursday, March 17, 2011

Full Belly + Betsy Johnson = Wicked Content

So as you know, it is St. Patrick's Day and many people are having the traditional meal of corned beef and cabbage. My parents always cook carrots and potatoes with the corned beef. Whats your method? I LOVE to mash my carrots and potatoes together with the back of my fork, add butter and top it off with pepper and salt. YUM! I used to eat my Corned beef with "Gouldens" mustard but I found that as i became older, I no longer saw a need for the mustard. How do you eat yours? This meal, by far, is my favorite meal ever. When I was a kid I used to ask my mom to make it as my birthday dinner (which is in Oct.) It's so yummy! I love making sandwiches from the left overs. SO GOOD! YUM!

Ok, moving on to other topics as promised last night...Ah, yes, cupcake adventures! The store was VERY busy today. So many last min dessert buyers. So many people didn't think a head. Luckily we are always prepared! we had to throw together 144 greed frosted cupcakes with piped green shamrocks on them. SOOOO CRAZY! We did it though! We sold out of soda bread before lunch time and kept selling out of anything green. It was awesome and stressful because it was so busy. It made for ok tips but nothing major to write home about. Hey, free money is cool no matter what and people don't have to leave anything so I'm grateful! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO TIPS!

Did you guys check out the cupcake contest our store is running right now?

***NEW FLAVOR CONTEST*** i love making new ones! so here it is again who ever gets the most votes wins 50 free cupcakes of there flavor!!! our last winner Tiffany Westervelt had 287 votes if you can beat her votes you will get.........i guess you will find out if you win!!!!!!!!
rules: must click the like button under your flavor that your voting for, other postings will not count.
 http://www.facebook.com/#!/518getcake
 Go try your luck!
 I went to the mall the other night because I needed a "pick me up" and I decided it was a good idea to check out the Betsy Johnson Jewelry at Macy's. Betsy always puts a smile on my face :) Macy's had some GREAT DEALS!!! See the tag on the boxes said Sale $17.50. NEVER trust the stickers. I had the woman check the prices for me and they rang up 12.25!!! But wait...it gets better. So, I picked out 3 things (2 for me, 1 for mom) and put them on hold...Because of my quick thinking I went home and told my mom we need to go to Macy's after work the next day. We made a plan and met at the mall after work the next day. First the woman couldn't find my stuff...the woman who put my stuff on hold forgot my name so my boxes were just there with a note...she rang them in and sure enough still $12.25...then...ready?...my mom uses her red tag pass, BOOM 10% off. Then, she uses her Macy;s card...another 15% off! it knocked the price down to $10.17. We got two bracelets and a necklace for freaking 30 bucks!!! HOW AWESOME! And that's not even the best Betsy deal we have gotten. We've paid as low as $8 for things before. Macy's is AWESOME! Boscovs however...not so amazing. I caved and bought a winter snow flake necklace for $26.99. I really wanted it and got tired of waiting for it to go cheaper. I was scared I would miss out...so over all less then $60 for 4 pieces of Betsy. I am impressed with myself :) And I want more...its like Sam from Lipgloss and Black and her Cambell shoes! Hahaha, no matter what you always want more! (Shout out to L&B!) That's right, I did a throwback "shout out!" HAHAHAH!
PIC TIME!!!



 FREAKING AWESOME RIGHT?!?!
Xo,
Mimi! 



No comments:

Post a Comment