Thursday, December 1, 2011

Stone, Cement, Gravel and Dirt.

HELLO LOVELIES!!! 

I don't have a lot of time this morning to write but i felt compelled to so here we go!

Over the past week The Hidden Fox was invited to vend at the Festival Of Trees event at our local children and family services building. Knowing that dan was leaving for Vegas, I shot him a text anyway asking him if it was at all possible to create a few designs to put on some shirts. I made a few phone calls and found someone who could have our order ready in time! We very excited! Then we started to hit some road bumps. First the artwork wasn't in the right file form, then the shirts were costing WAY too much for our first run. We realized that we weren't 100% happy with the quality of the designs and after some thinking, we decided not to run the shirts. I came up with a few other ideas for the event and I am really happy we aren't sacrificing our own personal standards just to sell some product. We want the product we sell to be affordable and really make a huge impact. We want it to speak to you the way The Hidden Fox speaks to us. In the end it was better to hold off and do it right then to rush the process. Long story short, no tee shirts this Friday but we are working on the true vision of the company and of the Skulk. 

I have to say along with the tee shirt speed bumps that things have gotten a bit rocky in other places in my own life. Im working on picking myself up and brushing myself off. My one motivation is that I DO have something I can control. That something is The Hidden Fox. This is the thing that keeps me smiling even though its been a bit of a struggle. It gets me through those moments at work when I want to scream and those rude people who are out and about shopping because they feel they have to. I have a few close friends who I have been able to talk with and have found that even with the changes my life has now gone through that the only way it will get back to the place I want it is if I take it there. I know my reconstructed path isn't complete yet but that fresh dirt is just waiting for a really sweet cement or stone pathway. I CREATE ME! I create my life and my path and control my world. Sure things will happen along the way but I decided how it effects me. 

Someone asked if our "Creation" shirts were pro creation. I am Pro, CREATING! I am for the creative process and crafting. I respect, love and support artists of all forms. I hope that is clear enough. One of my biggest challenges with this branding process is that the words as they are written that I am drawn to use that completely different definitions from their origins. Skulk, for example NOW means to cower, hide, etc. When A SKULK is a pack or family of foxes. Same thing with Creation and Fag. Just because it has become slang doesn't mean the original beauty of these words should be lost. Its about taking the negative and turning it BACK to positive. That is what we are trying to do with The Hidden Fox, turn the negative into positive. We can't tell you how to change your life for the better but we can try and give you as much encouragement as we can. Joining the Skulk is not joining a cult. Its pledging to be a better person. To work towards being a better person everyday. No its not easy all the time but NEVER GIVE UP! It does get easier. This I promise. If you keep at it and really believe, just like you believed (or still do) in Santa Clause or the magic of Christmas, it will grow inside of you. 

Alright I need to get ready for work. Feel free to comment below about things that help your through tough times, something you feel right now, the person you wish to become, etc. I would love to hear that people out there have the same struggles I do. 


The is a photo of my new wallet. It spoke to me. I wanted to see what you all believe Shameless means? I feel as if it, again, has become a negative and gives females and males the power to act out in inappropriate ways. I believe it means having the confidence to not be ashamed of your life and the choices you have made. Things happen in life and they happened for many reasons. What do you think?

XOXO,
Miss Mimi Fox!

No comments:

Post a Comment