Monday, December 5, 2011

Honestly, Im honest, I SWEAR!

Id like to start off with a FOX SIGHTING!!! Did I scared you a little??? I bet I did! Hahahah!





Supposed to be a fox...Not sure I believe them. You?


I think what I tend to love the most about a fox is that they are really 1/2 cat and 1/2 dog. I have had a cat most of my adult life and have always had a dog. I find I love each species for separate reasons but I can't imagine living with just one. The fox has qualities of each which almost makes it a super hero kind of breed. Its quite fascinating actually. I'm sure you would love more details about that but I'm going to move on.

So this weekend I had a great time at The Family and Child Services Center here in Albany NY at their Festival of Trees holiday event. I met a really amazing artist Susan Soldani Lovelock. he She is super kind and very interesting. I found that a lot of the struggles I have had in my life are ones she has also experienced in her life. I find that even though we may be different ages, that our struggles had been the same. I love that about life. I love that even though you have never met before that you can be connected by something as common as life experiences. That to me is the biggest comfort. It is wonderful to know the pain someone else has gone through because you have been there yourself. I now know there are other strong, positive, "never give up" women out there who don't turn things into a pissing match or try to belittle your experiences. Thanks to Janet Tanguay for throwing me into that experience. I gained a lot in one weekend and made some really amazing human connections.


This Halloween tree is supposed to look like a witch slammed into it from the left side.

Here is where the end of her broom sticks out of the tree. 

Our First table set up! I hand painted the sign. :)


While I was at the event this weekend, I asked people to write on cards my mother and I made. I asked them to write anything at all, a confession, advice, secret, a message, anything at all. I'm going to use the responses as inspiration for our tee shirt designs. I had some really amazing responses. I think that was definitely one of my favorite parts of this weekend, sitting down and reading those. There are a lot of people out there who say they are good people but hold secret dislikes inside or let things out that they shouldn't because it is hurtful and unnecessary. We will all disagree with certain people or ideas and if you are like me, you always want to see the best in people. I find myself frustrated with people who say they never talk smack about people when I hear them do it all the time. I always admit I Try not to but I don't always succeed. I wont rip someone apart by name calling or anything. If someone hurts me I will say, "Bob made me feel stupid when he called me Handicap at work in front of people. I know he was joking but I wish he didn't find those things funny." I am not going to make it a point to go tell Bob because it could turn a little thing into a huge deal but if Bob heard that I said something then I wouldn't hesitate to tell him. There has got to be a balance. At least thats what I think. I didn't call Bob and stupid piece of shit or a worthless bald jerk. None of that would be relative to why I was upset. Its normal in my eyes to want to vent your feelings. Name calling isn't constructive. I also ran into an issue where a mutual friend was telling someone close to me that I was writing stuff all over Facebook about them. The friend I was supposedly writing about doesn't like to have their live public and I respect that a lot. If I ever write about them, its anonymous. Well I don't speak to this mutual friend anymore so I knew at this point it was time to let them go from my Facebook page. If you aren't going to be supportive and just be a snoop and go reporting inaccurate things, then I just don't have time for you. I want to be surrounded by people who don't have any desire to cause problems in your life. It was sad to have to let that person go but it needed to be done. I am not willing to risk my happiness anymore in hopes certain people will change. If they are meant to be a positive part of my life, we will find our way back to each other. Positive attracts positive. I can make my own messes just fine hahahaaha, I don't need anyones help with that! :)

Its hard to live a positive life because when someone cuts you off or slams into in the mall and doesn't say anything, you want to get really mad...some people just didn't grow up with manors or morals. We have to realize that we all lack certain core strengths. I personally hope we can find ways to help each other. I want being kind to start a movement. Crap, ill even take it in Fad form as long as we end up with more positive, healthy and happy people then not. Ah yes, to dream a great dream.

Business updates:

Dan comes back from Vegas this week!!!
More papers to file
More designs to develop
Lots to do at home (must have a balance)
Need to practice my Fujiroid skills. (aka instant camera shooting)
Should somehow plan a mostly free vacation...in dire need of some time off.
Should order stickers soon

Oh man there is always so much to do to make your business better. We have decided to sell on Etsy until our website is complete so watch out for that. Also, share your fox facts and sightings with us! we would love to hear it!

Bonus Pics Time!!!
My hand painted beauty. Not bad for 3am.

Can you find all the flaws? Please don't! Haha! 

I was helping someone with a photo project and took this one with my Fuji Instax! First pic ever taken with it!!!

The Mile Long gingerbread construction site at the country club in the basement. It smelled AMAZING!

I dream about this giant $11 Wheel of Brie...so good!

To top it all off...HAPPY HOLIDAYS WITH SANTA ON A HARLEY! And yes, that is the ass end of an animal on the back. Lol. Santa means business. 
XOXO!
Miss Mimi Fox!

2 comments:

  1. Free vaca? Can we maybe do something? Maybe you could visit, or I could visit you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please! what should we do? where should we go? WHEN!!!

    ReplyDelete