Friday, December 9, 2011

F-ckin Perfect XO

Happy New Blog Post Day!

What a week! I have to say that each week there seems to be a big change, big challenge, tears, laughter and tons of smiles! That can sound really overwhelming but it is actually a great balance. Balance has always been very important to me. I feel it is a real foundation to a happy life. Too much of one thing can get mundane after a while. You may be thinking, "but you can never have too much happiness." Trust me, if you were happy all of the time, you would eventually get cocky thinking nothing could ever go wrong. I have reason to believe  that Karma herself also believes in this balance. Find your balance and try to maintain that as often as possible. Its (in my opinion) one of the best things you can do for yourself! Here is a great example!

Before we get into the meat, I want to talk again about the epidemic sweeping our youth. Suicide. I just posted an amazing video that was tweeted last night by famous author Neil Gaiman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep950m3NTYw&feature=youtu.be
I am one of these kids, a former target. To be honest I still get bullied even at 27. It is easier to brush it off now that I'm older but the cruelty and pain is still there. Lets all try and think about why it is that we put others down and fix the things within ourselves so we don't take it out on others. Genuine kindness, love and support are such strong tools. I promise that the good you do WILL come back to you if you do positive things with no selfish motives. I was known as the "weird girl" to some and called many other names I wish to never repeat. I have never forgotten the pain of feeling alone, outcast, different and ugly. Please help to stop this, kids are dying everyday because they don't have the strength to believe they can. ..TY!

On to a product update! I have been working very hard on new designs and am going to work on them more today by taking those designs from paper to sweet graphic files. Some really powerful stuff came out of me and I hope it means as much to you when you get to see it.

I am sad to report our graphic artist Dan has decided to part with us. HOWEVER, we are super excited for him because he has decided to start his own business!! HOW AWESOME! Dan will always be a part of our skulk so he will pop in from time to time. We will also have him for a little bit before his project really gets going. Id like to give a big CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK! to him! Cindy (his wife) will still be helping us out when she can which is hugely amazing! THANKS CINDY! Great things are happening for all of us! :)

I also would like to report that I no longer work for that local boutique. All I can really say is, I am in a different place and mind set and it is healthier for me to move on. I wish them the best of luck and all the success they seek.

Some of you may know that I am very good friends with Brittany Rose. She is the owner of RosMari Brand. I would like to say that she has been a big supporter of The Hidden Fox and we are a big supporter of hers. Take a moment to check out her handmade, completely original and one of a kind designs. http://www.etsy.com/shop/RosMariBrand?ref=seller_info It is important to make sure you help your friends not just by telling them what a great job they are doing but by helping spread the word and telling as many people you can about them and what they do. Especially if your friend owns a small business. I have said it many times before, our economy thrives on small business and we need to help the number of successful small businesses grow. <3 Entrepreneurs.

I would also like to make a few additional shout outs to some other small businesses that have helped me through this process.

Lipgloss and Black
http://www.lipglossandblack.com/

Crystal Colber
Esthetics guru and my personal life coach <3

Janet Tanguay
http://www.facebook.com/ArtNSoulInc




 XOXO,
Miss Mimi Fox (I work everyday to be who I want to be, a good person)
<3<3<3<3<3<3

4 comments:

  1. Thanks lovely!!! We can make this happen! :D Keep up to great work and know I am behind you 150%!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a "group drifter". I had a couple of friends in each group but definitely didn't fit into any mold. I was a little of everything.

    I was definitely picked on(not so much bullied physically, people knew better then that) but I also did my share of picking on others. As a kid I never put much thought into how it might have affected people. I always just let it brush off me so I assumed others did too. Now as an adult and parent I have to think a little more about how my actions affect others. Seeing in the news and having suicides hit close to home has opened my eyes a little more to how much a few words can hurt some one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post Mimi. I agree with you we need to support one another.I hope things continue to move upward for you even with all the changes that you're going through.
    Cheers!
    Tasha
    www.twinsoulsdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the support everyone! We can create a better thought process if we ourselves change. I believe big things can happen with enough love, support and encouragement! <3

    ReplyDelete