Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Message In A Bottle, Yeah!


I know I haven't written one of these in a bit. By "these" I mean a post written on a personal level. I have felt very drawn over the past couple of days to give you a bit of an update on me. I had felt at times that it would be "unprofessional" to write about such personal matters but HF is all about not being ashamed or worried about being judged. So on that note, here is my update for you...

About 2 months ago I received health insurance for the first time sine 2009ish. I was able to get back on track with treatment for my undiagnosed chronic leg pain. I was also able to get back on track with my dental health. I have hit a few bumps with both of those things but continue to move forward taming pain and improving my sleep as best as I can. Its hard to sleep when you are in pain and its hard to feel great when you are in pain and aren't getting the proper sleep. Throughout this journey I recently hit another snag with my stomach. Working with the different over the counter medications, prescriptions and vitamins, I started to have bleeding or may have been having bleeding (ulcers etc) and just didn't know. Unsure of where the bleeding was coming from or why it was happening, I was sent to the GI doctor. On top of the dentist appointments, dr appointments and oral surgeon, I now have a sweet appointment for a endoscopy.

I tell you all of this because I would like you to know whats going on with the progression of HF. I realize that the 57 people who like the facebook page will be able to say they were with me from the start. I appreciate the crap out of that! However most people wont have any idea about the journey. It has taken me a while to mold this brand and shape it into my version of perfect. It isn't your traditional brand and it follows no normal guidelines. We don't have any clothing yet but I try hard to focus on the message and the community aspects until I can bring you the clothing. Its not about the clothing entirely. Its about the message, what the clothing says and says about YOU! What it says about who we are and what we stand for! I want HF to speak about the reality of life. For example, the struggles a person may face while starting a clothing brand. :) THIS IS REAL! Real life happens and its happening to me. It may also be happening to you.

My message in all of this is really, regardless of the health issues I am facing during this process, I am continuing to work at night in spite of my lack of physical ability, I am moving forward. I schedule a dr or dds appointment, I go to it, I go to work, I come home, I sleep, I work on a new HF design, I take care of my apartment, bills, pets and various responcibilities. I want to throw the towel in some days but instead of burning myself out I hit the "slow motion" button. I just take a little longer doing everything. I really hope to have clothing for you by spring. One day at a time though. I really believe I am going through all of this for a reason. I can handle it. I know I can do this. I AM doing this! :)

Thank you to all of my friends, family, strangers, co workers and beings that have been positive support throughout my journey. Thank you for the love and kindness. Please stay with me and believe in HF. I truly believe with all my heart that this will all help HF become what I know it can. What it WILL be.


Thank YOU!
XOXO,
Miss Mimi Fox

1 comment:

  1. Yes!! You can do it lady!!! Keep pushing forward! I think it's great to be open and honest with what life is bringing you. We all go through hard things but not all of us are willing to admit it! So many many kudos for being real!

    ReplyDelete